Login       Register

Original Poster
RuneBay under new ownership Thread Modes
Hello everyone, I have purchased ownership of this forum, I have a lot of plans for us to continue to grow.  

For right now expect some slow development, but please do check out the gambling plugin I have just installed, located HERE

I have some more plugins to add more content to the site, but for now I think the main goal should be to get some members back. I just spent the better half of this day deleting all the spammers that have plagued these forums. 

Anyway, I have extensive MyBB knowledge, and I am looking forward to meeting you all!

Update 12/10/2020

I am writing up this update again, because the first time I had done this and almost completed the write up, my browser decided to refresh and I lost the entire message.  I have since made it so the textbox will now autosave so no one else has to experience this pain.  (Bonus it's a new feature?)

This post is mainly for my own reference, but also for anyone who may become a member of the forums to read, and watch the progress the forum is taking.  It has been a decent while since I purchased this forum, and the community is effectively dead, but that's not a worry to me as I don't want to release an incomplete forum, but I am nearing completing of most features I need. 

The RSPS toplist is somewhat effective, but we do not have a callback system, so without that we cannot help the RSPS process voting rewards.  This essentially means it's not functional.  However, we can still use it to advertise servers, so if any RSPS server owner sees this, you can get free advertisement by uploading your server to our RSPS Top List! Keep in mind it's a super work in progress, and is definitely going to be changing. Features will be added, broken features will be fixed.

I'm going to list out the things that I have been doing and fixing, as well as the things that are broken, need to be fixed, or are still just planned.  This will be updated periodically by me, and hopefully I'll eventually accomplish everything, but for the most part, this is a one man project, hence the slow growth.  I've mentioned before that I am playing the long game, and I am hoping this will be a thriving community in years to come.  

SOON IN PROGRESS COMPLETED
  • I have altered the theme a lot, and made many changes to the CSS and the images around the website.  The main thing you might notice is a little bit more blue throughout the forum, and a transparent background.  This is because I've added in some RuneScape images into the header and background that I think look very nice. Plus I can swap the images out if I wanted to down the line for even more designs. The theme is close to done, but I'm trying to do a lot to make the forum unique when compared to other forums.
    • Member Profile Redesigned
    • Member List Redesigned
      • Member List is in a more descriptive card format, which will show more details about each user. 
    • GP System Redesigned
      • This is a rather basic redesign, I just need to make sure everything looks proper and not different than the rest of the forum.
  • User CP redesigned
    • I have a small amount of work left to finish the User CP redesign, but this won't be very long.  
  • Award System Redesigned
    • I'm thinking of making this a tabbed view for each category of awards. I plan on having a lot of awards for the community.  Mainly these will be bought with your GP that you earned by posting onsite. Some will be granted randomly when posting, and others will be given at my own discretion to members whom I think deserve them.  We do have the ability to let members own their own awards, to pass out, so that will likely be something we arrange for our top posting users Smile
    • Contract System
      • A contract system has been installed on the board and is now being tested, and I am currently building all the templates to ensure that it looks good on the forum, but this will be very beneficial for the marketplace.  I want to encourage a safe marketplace free from the plague of internet scammers.  I am sure there will be some, but of course all members will need to do their own due diligence and protect themselves in deals.  The most I will do is ban a scammer to ensure they can't come scam again.  Deals are at your own risk.  
      • Vouch System
        • This is just a planned feature, but it's pretty low on the list.  Likely I'll work out an arrangement with the contract system that would make this redundant. But we will see.
    • Rune-Server.net now redirects to us, Sadly not really bringing any traffic, but hopefully it'll bring us a little. 
    • The RSPS Toplist needs a little bit more work and changes, but the for most part it is up for advertising RSPS, just can't handle voting yet.
    • Quick Edit needs to be fixed so it looks better
    • Our text editor could use a redesign as well.
    • I need to fix a bug that doesn't let posts be reported.
    • I have added short terms for onsite GP (such as, 10, 100k, 10m, 10b, and 1T
      • I really like this small change, I definitely think it brings a unique, but nostalgic feeling to this forum
Amazing features are rolling out fast!
The following 1 user Likes Nicolas Flamel's post:
  • Lucifer
Hello Nicolas,

My name is MAGZ I am the owner of Hydra Bets! I hope that your purchase of this community revives it into what we all use to think it was going to be.

Good luck!
Hello Magz, nice to meet you, there is still a lot of work to do for sure!  I'll be working on the website every night hopefully will be ready to advertise in a week or so.
  • Lucifer
Hey, I'm the former co-owner. Nice to meet you and I hope you do well with the site! I'll pop in now and then but at the moment I'm extremely busy basically all the time. I made all the graphics for the site as well as handled lots of the front end and management.
The following 1 user Likes Purple's post:
  • Nicolas Flamel
(02-20-2020, 12:05 PM)Nicolas Flamel Wrote: Hello Magz, nice to meet you, there is still a lot of work to do for sure!  I'll be working on the website every night hopefully will be ready to advertise in a week or so.

I am excited to see what you have in store Smile I'll be here!
hello all! ive just signed up and looking I dont see any activity... is site dead?
The following 2 users Like Lucifer's post:
  • Nicolas Flamel, RuneBay Bot
(12-04-2020, 06:16 AM)Lucifer Wrote: hello all! ive just signed up and looking I dont see any activity... is site dead?
Well, hello there! Unfortunately, yes there are no active members of the community right now, but that's okay because I am always working on the site, I'd like to get us to an optimal position before I release.   I like the idea of getting supporting members early on, but to be honest I don't have a whole lot to offer right now.  I am working on the toplist plugin but I hit a snag with a developer, and of course with the economy being as it is I've had to work extra, leaving me less time for this project of mine.

However, fear not.  I fully plan on releasing an amazing RuneScape community forum unlike any other.   It's just going to take more time for sure. :L

Anyway, thanks for signing up, if you know anyone who would be interested in being some of the first members of the new community, please do spread the word. Smile
I am writing up this update again, because the first time I had done this and almost completed the write up, my browser decided to refresh and I lost the entire message.  I have since made it so the textbox will now autosave so no one else has to experience this pain.  (Bonus it's a new feature?)

This post is mainly for my own reference, but also for anyone who may become a member of the forums to read, and watch the progress the forum is taking.  It has been a decent while since I purchased this forum, and the community is effectively dead, but that's not a worry to me as I don't want to release an incomplete forum, but I am nearing completing of most features I need. 

The RSPS toplist is somewhat effective, but we do not have a callback system, so without that we cannot help the RSPS process voting rewards.  This essentially means it's not functional.  However, we can still use it to advertise servers, so if any RSPS server owner sees this, you can get free advertisement by uploading your server to our RSPS Top List! Keep in mind it's a super work in progress, and is definitely going to be changing. Features will be added, broken features will be fixed.

I'm going to list out the things that I have been doing and fixing, as well as the things that are broken, need to be fixed, or are still just planned.  This will be updated periodically by me, and hopefully I'll eventually accomplish everything, but for the most part, this is a one man project, hence the slow growth.  I've mentioned before that I am playing the long game, and I am hoping this will be a thriving community in years to come.  
  • I have altered the theme a lot, and made many changes to the CSS and the images around the website.  The main thing you might notice is a little bit more blue throughout the forum, and a transparent background.  This is because I've added in some RuneScape images into the header and background that I think look very nice. Plus I can swap the images out if I wanted to down the line for even more designs. The theme is close to done, but I'm trying to do a lot to make the forum unique when compared to other forums.
    • Member Profile Redesigned
    • Member List Redesigned
      • Member List is in a more descriptive card format, which will show more details about each user. 
    • GP System Redesign
      • This is a rather basic redesign, I just need to make sure everything looks proper and not different than the rest of the forum.
    • User CP Redesign
      • I have a small amount of work left to finish the User CP redesign, but this won't be very long.  
    • Award System Redesign
      • I'm thinking of making this a tabbed view for each category of awards. I plan on having a lot of awards for the community.  Mainly these will be bought with your GP that you earned by posting onsite. Some will be granted randomly when posting, and others will be given at my own discretion to members whom I think deserve them.  We do have the ability to let members own their own awards, to pass out, so that will likely be something we arrange for our top posting users Smile
    • Contract System
      • A contract system has been installed on the board and is now being tested, and I am currently building all the templates to ensure that it looks good on the forum, but this will be very beneficial for the marketplace.  I want to encourage a safe marketplace free from the plague of internet scammers.  I am sure there will be some, but of course all members will need to do their own due diligence and protect themselves in deals.  The most I will do is ban a scammer to ensure they can't come scam again.  Deals are at your own risk.  
      • Vouch System
        • This is just a planned feature, but it's pretty low on the list.  Likely I'll work out an arrangement with the contract system that would make this redundant. But we will see.
    • Rune-Server.net now redirects to us, Sadly not really bringing any traffic, but hopefully it'll bring us a little. 
    • The RSPS Toplist needs a little bit more work and changes, but the for most part it is up for advertising RSPS, just can't handle voting yet.
    • I need to fix a bug that doesn't let posts be reported.
  • RuneBay Bot
Lots of improvements on their way, and the toplist is due to be functional in about 2 weeks.  I'll be finishing up the theme and start advertising in February.  I will be doing an email blast inviting all old members to come back once I get the smtp server working properly.  

Little bit of things to do here and there, but we are finally going to be ready.

This forum uses Lukasz Tkacz MyBB addons.