CURRENT OFFER Users who post quality content will be PAID! Paypal or RS gold. All verified sellers will be stickied and advertised for 1 month. Users who refer over 5+ members will be paid $2. Sign up and post now before this offer ends!

How to start
Hey, I always wanted to know at least basics of being graphics artist. At the moment I do small edits using GIMP, imo it's much better program for a newbie like me than photoshop. Maybe graphic designers could share their experience? How you got into this, maybe any good YouTube or other guides which helped you a lot in the beginning? Thanks!
Discord: RS Phoenix#0001
Oh man...where to start?

There are loads of tutorials out there which are definitely useful. Personally, I just downloaded PhotoShop and started trying to piece things together. In my opinion the most important thing is to have a clear idea of what you're trying to accomplish; after that, it's just a matter of learning how to do it.

PhotoShop is a pretty substantial update over GiMP.

I'd suggest trying to make something simple and keep going until you've accomplished what you wanted to make. Then just increase the complexity levels of your desired art/design and your knowledge will gradually increase as you learn the things that facilitate what you're trying to create.

Feel free to ask me any specific or general art-related questions. Community is an invaluable source of knowledge.
[Image: db0hdzb-6a475140-1189-4427-a508-55ea3635...Nz8lcE8Ii4]
(10-20-2019, 09:28 PM)Purple Wrote: Oh man...where to start?

There are loads of tutorials out there which are definitely useful. Personally, I just downloaded PhotoShop and started trying to piece things together. In my opinion the most important thing is to have a clear idea of what you're trying to accomplish; after that, it's just a matter of learning how to do it.

PhotoShop is a pretty substantial update over GiMP.

I'd suggest trying to make something simple and keep going until you've accomplished what you wanted to make. Then just increase the complexity levels of your desired art/design and your knowledge will gradually increase as you learn the things that facilitate what you're trying to create.

Feel free to ask me any specific or general art-related questions. Community is an invaluable source of knowledge.
Thanks for info! Will be sure to contact you if I'll have any more specific questions Smile
Discord: RS Phoenix#0001
https://mega.nz/#!QMQFSDCK!uqH35_GAyspCa...zAIi8vEqpg Here's the link for the large stock dump if you haven't already downloaded it.

https://mega.nz/#!sFYmiYzS!AOzbDmAacEewA...tKGY67Ml2g Here's a link to an archive with brushes, gradients, filters, actions, materials, styles, shapes, and patterns. Also, the Camera Raw filter plugin for Photoshop CC.

Those should prove to be useful. I can give you some one-on-one demonstration/instruction if you're interested. Smile
[Image: db0hdzb-6a475140-1189-4427-a508-55ea3635...Nz8lcE8Ii4]
Just dabble